Latest Movie :

We Are Marshall 2006

We Are Marshall 2006 GMPN Review

Category: Drama, Sport
GMPN Rating: 9/10

We Are Marshall I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening of 'We Are Marshall' for audience research purposes therefore being part of the first audience in Britain to see the film. We were given a brief plot description when offered the tickets which didn't interest me to be honest (I was more interested in seeing a free film!) So when I went to see it I didn't know what to expect, just that apparently it is supposed to be very good and quite emotional. I was pleased to see that it managed to live up to that, as coming out of the cinema I felt it managed to stand by what I heard in being a very good film, in fact I would go so far as to say brilliant. Staying behind for a quick discussion about the film for research purposes, two people (including myself) rated the film as 'excellent', four rated it 'very good' and two (somewhat miserable and stubborn) people rated it 'good'. In my opinion, the film manages to portray the death of the football team in a tasteful and respectful way, showing the emotions of the characters in the way the town cared for the team. However, shortly after the plane crash I felt that the film stumbled into a very slow and boring corner. Luckily about twenty minutes later, the film manages to pick up very well. I found the remaining hour of the film very enjoyable and emotional, with a few humorous lines from Matthew McConaughey. I was also very pleased to see how well Matthew Fox managed starring in a feature film. Being only fifteen, my only knowledge of Fox is Jack form 'Lost'. I feel that he managed to play the character of Red very well - very quickly in the film, the role of Jack was soon forgotten. The ending to the film is done very well and manages to keep you in suspense, despite a quite predictable result. I was also quite surprised how little knowledge of the game football is needed. Being English, I can't say I have ever seen a game of 'American' Football, let alone understand the rules - I found myself thoroughly enjoying the action packed games despite knowing nothing of the sport. All in all, in my opinion this is a very, very good film which I strongly recommend. As said, I found a part of the film rather dull but felt 'We Are Marshall' delivered a second half so good, I soon forgot about it. Go see this film!


Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Get My Popcorn Now | Modified by Get My Popcorn Now | Template
Copyright © 2015. Get My Popcorn Now - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Blogger Published by 2015
Proudly powered by Blogger