Latest Movie :

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2

GMPN REVIEW:

Sigh

It has finally come...yes, the final installment of the gushy billion-dollar making series made famous by Stephenie Meyer. Mehtunately (a cross between "unfortunately" and "fortunately"), I have read the books and knew what to expect. Unfortunately, I have seen all of the movies, with some different opinions. I found Eclipse to be the best, even though it is quite mediocre. Twilight was too dull, with boring actors, New Moon was just a repeat of that, except with wolves, and Breaking Dawn Part 1 was two hours of three things: 1. Bella and Edward getting married, 2. Bella and Edward having very unessential foreplay that results in a pregnancy, and 3. Bella sitting on a couch moaning and groaning with said pregnancy. I will say I did not have many great expectations for this final installment. But I did see it. It did not raise the bar, nor did it lower it. To me, it was just another Twilight movie.

Bella and Edward are now married. Hooray. They have a newborn half-mortal half-immortal vampire baby. Hooray. Bella is now a vampire. Hooray. The baby, or Renesmee, is the driving force of the otherwise tedious plot of this movie. The Volturi is given false reasons to believe that this baby will somehow, in its later life, kill many people and expose the other world that humans don't know about. The Cullens set out to bring in other vampire clans to defend themselves from the Volturi. The short plot summary that you can find on the front page of IMDb practically summarizes the entire movie: "After the birth of Renesmee, the Cullens gather other vampire clans in order to protect the child from a false allegation that puts the family in front of the Volturi." You can basically just use your imagination to fill in the blank spots. That's the whole plot. This isn't a very strong plot to work with, and thus gave me a sense of boredom throughout the whole movie, except for the end, but we'll get to that.

The bad...well, the usual. The only new bad that I can't seem to get away from is the pacing of this movie. The pacing was terrible. If I were to guess, they covered the first 100 pages of the last half of the book within the first five minutes. Each scene felt like it was missing a beginning and an end, and the transitions between each scene were non-existent. Along with that you have the acting, which mainly focuses on Kristen Stewart's one facial expression. The rest of the acting is decent, and the only good actors have very minor parts. The script needs more to add more dialogue. Within three lines of dialogue, they tried to cover as much as they could, and when they weren't talking about significant things, the dialogue was weak and uninteresting. The special effects, now, were atrocious. With the two billion dollars that this series has made, you would think that the special effects would be somewhat believable. Nope. I'm a very negative person, I know, and I'm probably going to get hated on, but notice that I've given this movie a three star rating. There was one thing in this movie that was worth that, which if you think about it, is a lot if you are talking about a full-length movie. The ending. There will be no spoilers, but I can only say that the ending was absolutely sensational. They changed it from the book in such a huge way, and such a good way, that I thought the movie was going to redeem itself in its final half-hour. Obviously it couldn't make up for all that was bad, but the ending was absolutely amazing. That's all I can say.

Overall, fans of the series...I mean, single teenage girls will enjoy the final installment. It has the same elements of the other movies that made it so popular, so there's nothing to complain about with fans of the series. It's just not my cup of tea, but, who am I? I'm just one person voicing his opinion.


Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Get My Popcorn Now | Modified by Get My Popcorn Now | Template
Copyright © 2015. Get My Popcorn Now - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Blogger Published by 2015
Proudly powered by Blogger